Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multibasing & mounted leaders in infantry units

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about an idea for a KoM army for KoW, where each infantry unit has a pair of mounted models (commander and colour bearer) in it, one behind the other on the right hand side, with 16-18 infantry models on the rest of the base (for a regiment; twice that for a horde).

Would love to get people's opinions - would that cause any problems from a tournament pov? From a WYSIWYG pov? Or would that be acceptable?

Thanks!
    Zoe.

Well, they are WYSIWYG; most of the unit footprint they are infantry so no problem there. You could put cart or stone wall instead mounted models and they would still be WYSIWYG: an infantry unit.

Now, there are vocal group of people who hold Mantic guidelines for MMC/PMC as gospel, I personalIy don`t understand all the fuss, probably some kind of First World problem, but with 16-18 infantry model on regiment footprint is quite right number for both so you shouldn`t have any problems with TO.
    Hard as stone, twice as stubborn.

http://thanebobo.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

I don't see such a makeup being a problem with anyone.

Even if someone is a stickler for the MMC/PMC guidlines, having a few models in a unit being different from the majority is quite explicitly allowed under those, so I wouldn't assume problems even from them.

It's a pretty neat idea actually. Should give the army a bit of a Napoleonic era / American civil war feel. (At least that's what comes to my mind when I think of mounted leaders among infantry troops)
      So long and thanks for all the Brains - My undead painting log on the Mantic forum

Zywus' log of random KoW stuff

Comment

Originally posted by ThaneBobo View Post
        Well, they are WYSIWYG; most of the unit footprint they are infantry so no problem there. You could put cart or stone wall instead mounted models and they would still be WYSIWYG: an infantry unit.

Now, there are vocal group of people who hold Mantic guidelines for MMC/PMC as gospel, I personalIy don`t understand all the fuss, probably some kind of First World problem, but with 16-18 infantry model on regiment footprint is quite right number for both so you shouldn`t have any problems with TO.
        First world problem? Umm...yeah....

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just say what it is before the game. I've seen units with a large creature like an Ogre in a unit of regular infantry. It's just to make the unit to look cool.
        To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught,then the pact is to avenge!

Comment

Thanks all - that's what I was thinking, but it's nice to have confirmation!

I'm looking at the rather nice Deus Vult mediaeval models, just trying to work out a few "counts as" things before I start painting

Comment

Also do not forget that under the FAQ, models of larger size can count as more than just one model. So if your really worried about MMC or PMC, just double check the FAQ and you will see those mounted guys will help you trim down on body count. Assuming thats a thing. Other wise it makes perfect sense to have a commander like that. Now if only there was a snipe the leader rule.

Comment

Working...
            X